mercredi 1 janvier 2014

Could not update ~/.ICEauthority after ecryptfs-rewrap-passphrase wrapped-passphrase SOLVED

Hello,

I wanted to change my login password on my personnal account on my Gnu Linux Debian Wheezy, so I do this :

$ su root -
# cd /home/.ecryptfs/seb/.ecryptfs
# ecryptfs-rewrap-passphrase wrapped-passphrase

I gave the old password ( my login password ), then the new, then I changed my login passwd :

# passwd seb

And after a reboot, I fell on this nice message : 



Could not update ~/.ICEauthority

I could not enter on my own account :-(((


So ... I search a little on google ... but ... nothing ... so ... I began to think again ( oh ... no :-((( )

I saw that the wrapped-passphrase was owned by root ... hahaha, too funny !

So I gave this file to me ( seb ) again, and I was able to login on my account again :-)))

So, the conclusion is : don't do that with the root account, but with your normal account 


The right way is :

$ cd /home/.ecryptfs/user-name/.ecryptfs
$ ecryptfs-rewrap-passphrase wrapped-passphrase
$ passwd


And every thing will be in order




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire